Top Ten “Must-Do’s” During a Stay at Grand View Lodge
Happy Holidays from the Grand View family! Whether you have an upcoming stay booked or are considering visiting us this winter, we’ve assembled some helpful tips and recommendations to maximize your stay. Consider this your “guide to fun” for the winter season, and read through our Top Ten “Must-Do’s” for a winter stay below.
1. Pack your Skates Make sure your skates are sharp and packed. Whether you want to skate leisurely or even a pick-up game of hockey, you can do it on our outdoor ice rinks. One of our rinks is reserved for those who simply want a leisurely skate, while the others are open to play hockey. Make some friends and have fun!
2. Dine at the Christmas Buffet Skip the mess that comes after a holiday meal and dine at our Christmas Day Buffet Featuring a salad bar, raw bar, hearty entrees, and a dessert bar to satisfy your sweet tooth, everyone will leave feeling full. A bottle of house wine is included for every table of four. Call 218-963-8756 to make your reservation today.
3. Make your Dining Reservations Speaking of dining, make your reservations! Doing so will ensure you can eat where you want and free up precious time once you’re here. View our open dining venues, peruse the menus, and book reservations prior to your stay.
4. Walk Over to Freddy’s Sports Grill There will always be something exciting going on at Freddy’s this holiday season! Head over at least once to have dinner, enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres in one of the heated igloos, play some indoor golf on the state-of-the-art simulator, or try your hand at music bingo. While you’re there, try to find the hidden grinch to get into a drawing for a Grand View dining gift card!
Located inside the clubhouse of The Pines golf course, Freddy’s Sports Grill is a staple for golfers during the summer and is now conveniently open during the winter. It features eight flat-screen televisions, a full bar, and a distinct menu—it’s a great alternative to the Northwoods Pub without as much foot traffic.
5. Winter Recreation Center Get some fresh air and enjoy the winter beauty of the Northwoods by renting some Nordic skis or snowshoes from the winter recreation center, located at The Pines. In the wintertime, the golf course transforms into a recreation area where you can enjoy eight kilometers of groomed trails for Nordic skiing and snowshoeing.
6. Reserve an Ice Fishing House Drop a line through the ice and see if you can take advantage of the winter bite on Roy Lake. Rent one of our warm ice fishing houses, or bring your own. Four- or eight-hour rentals are available. Call 763-258-6607 to book your reservation, experience one of Minnesota’s best winter traditions, and maybe even catch your dinner!
7. Book Igloo Reservations Sip cocktails or dine under the stars in one of our heated igloos. This magical experience is a guest favorite and works great for a romantic dinner or a girls’ night out. View the menus and book your reservations.
8. Check out the Family Fun Center Over the holidays, the Norway Center will serve as our Family Fun Center with a variety of activities to entertain children and teenagers of all ages. Play games, bounce around in the bounce house, or play a fun game of laser tag on New Year’s Eve.
9. Go for a Snowmobile or SHERP Ride See the surrounding scenery in a whole new way by going for a guided SHERP ride! SHERPs are fully amphibious all-terrain vehicles built to conquer any challenge land or water presents. Riding these impressive machines is even more fun than saying their name. Each SHERP can seat up to 5 people for rides through the surrounding woods, marshland, and lakes. Call 218-820-9499 to book your SHERP ride.
Rent some snowmobiles from our friends at Nisswa Adventure Rentals and spend an afternoon on the trails! Ride through the beautiful Pillsbury State Forest or take the Paul Bunyan trail up to Pequot Lakes for lunch. Nisswa Adventure Rentals has all the gear you need to keep you safe, warm, and outfitted for a day of riding.
10. Fun Brainerd Lakes Area Activities There are plenty of area attractions and activities to keep you busy off our property as well. Enjoy holiday shopping and the spectacular Christmas lights of downtown Nisswa. The Sertoma Winter Wonderland is another great spot for Christmas light viewing and allows you to stay in your warm vehicle.
Copper Creek Landscaping, just down the street from us in Nisswa, also has a variety of holiday classes and workshops, along with their annual Christmas Acres event. Or spend a day on the slopes at Mount Ski Gull. Grand View guests get 15% off lift tickets!
You might not be able to accomplish all of this while you are here, but you can always come back! Take a look at our Getaway Days, which feature lodging-only rates as low as $150! It’s the perfect last-minute Christmas gift for your spouse or a great way to book a spur-of-the-moment trip with friends. Either way, we’re confident you’ll make memories that last a lifetime. See you soon!