Cancellation Policy (Non-peak Season)
Deposit: First night deposit. Final payment due at checkout.
Cancellation: Canceling within 10 days of arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellation prior to 10 days, deposit is refundable.
Cancellation Policy (Peak Season)
Reservation dates that fall on: November 21-24, 2018; December 21-31, 2018; May 24-September 2, 2019; or November 20-23, 2019
Deposit: 2-night deposit. Final payment due at checkout.
Cancellation: Canceling within 30 days of arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellation prior to 30 days, deposit is refundable.
Guests at Interlachen, Gull Haven, Bay Colony, and West Pines:
• Exit building in a safe and quick manner.
• Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet from burning building.
• Find the nearest phone and dial 911.
• Give your name and the exact location of the fire. (cabin number, floor, room, etc)
• Then call Grand View Lodge at 218-963-2234. Inform the Operator of the fire.
• Emergency vehicles will be on their way, be sure to keep roads and paths open for them.
• Do not return to the building until advised by the fire department.
• Try to assemble all people from the unit into a single group so it can be quickly determined that everyone is safe and present.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF SEVERE WEATHER OR A TORNADO
Guest staying at Grand View Lodge:
• Guests should take shelter when severe weather threatens or when directed to do so by the Front Desk.
• Guests will be directed to the Gull Lake Center, Northwoods Pub, the Recreation Room, the Gull Room (under the Pine Room in the Main Lodge) or Employee Dining Room.
• Guests should remain there until a Grand View Lodge employee gives the “All Clear”.
• If there is not time to get to the Main Lodge safely, guests are to stay in their unit, in a room or hallway away from windows. Put as many walls between you and the outside as possible.
Guests at Roy Lodge, Roy Villas, The 8th Fairway Townhomes, and the Clubhouse Suites:
• Guests should take shelter when severe weather threatens or when directed to do so by the front desk.
• The guests will be directed to The Pines Clubhouse basement.
• They are to remain there until a Grand View Lodge employee gives the “All Clear”.
• If there is not time to get to The Pines Clubhouse safely, guests are to stay in their unit in a room or hallway away from windows. Put as many walls between you and the outside as possible.
Guests at The Preserve:
•Guest should take shelter when severe weather threatens or when directed to do so by the staff members.
• The guests will be directed to the respective basement of each clubhouse.
• They are to remain there until the “All Clear” is given by the staff members.
Guests at Interlachen, Bay Colony Inn and Gull Haven:
• Guest should take shelter when severe weather threatens or when directed to do so by the staff members.
• Guests should find a room or cabin that has no windows. Put as many walls between you and the outside.
• They are to remain there until the staff gives the “All Clear.”
Activity Sign-ups Please visit GVLfun.com
Airport Transportation We are located 20 miles from the Brainerd Airport, which is serviced by Mesaba/Delta Airlines. We can shuttle up to 6 people each way for a $50.00 charge per trip in a van or up to 14 people each way for $100.00 charge. Notify the front desk at least 24 hours in advance.
ATM For your convenience, we have ATMs located at the Front Desk, and seasonally at The Pines and The Preserve.
Beach Located south of the Main Lodge on1500 feet of sand beach on beautiful Gull Lake.
Boats Non-motorized boats are available for guest use. Grand View Lodge rents paddle boards, pontoons, speedboats, and fishing boats. A limited number of boatlifts and motors can also be rented. Contact the Boat House at ext. 2651.
Check Cashing Policy Guests of the resort cannot cash personal checks at the Front Desk. There is an ATM machine located in the Lodge lobby and there are two banks located at the intersection of Highway 371 and County Road 77.
Check-in and Check-out Check-in available after 4:30 p.m. Check-out by 11:30 a.m.
Children’s Program Please refer to your Northwoods News for availability.
Coffee Grand Outfitters offers a wide array of gifts including Grand View Lodge apparel, boutique fashion lines, home decor, jewelry, candles, Minnesota treats and more. It also serves specialty Caribou Coffee, espresso, lattes, and iced drinks.
Conference/Meeting Services We would be happy to get you information to assist you in planning your next business retreat or social function. Call Sales Administration at ext. 1247 or 218-963-8747. For conference room locations, see the Maps section.
Conference Centers The Norway Center accommodates groups up to 220 people and the Gull Lake Center accommodates groups up to 400 people. Both have wireless high-speed internet connection. We also have other conference rooms open throughout the resort that can accommodate 2-60 people. For conference room locations, see the Meetings & Events section.
Credit Cards/Debit Cards The following credit cards are accepted at the resort: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card. IMPORTANT NOTICE: When you present a credit card or debit card at check-in, our credit card system automatically reserves the amount of your stay, plus an additional $50/day. It can take up to ten days for this amount to be credited back to your account. A credit card is recommended to avoid this amount being taken out of your bank account. If you would like to put your final bill on your debit card, you may switch the form of payment to your debit card at check-out.
Damage and Noise Complaint Policy Each day and at departure, a full inventory and damage inspection is done on your rental unit and the area around your accommodation. If we identify damage, your credit card will be charged for the cost of the repair and replacement. Depending on the severity of the damage, the police may be called to fill out a police report. The damage policy includes charges to shampoo carpets that have been severely soiled and the cost to clean drapes, furniture and carpet when guests smoke in any unit. Pets are only allowed in a few pet friendly units at the resort. You are responsible for any damage caused by an unauthorized pet including shampooing the carpet and furniture upholstery. If a noise complaint is received by the resort, the unit against which the complaint is issued may be responsible for any discounts or credits the resort gives to compensate other guests who were disturbed.
Dining Guide Grand View Lodge proudly offers eight dining venues to enhance your vacation experience. Every spring we produce a Dining Guide which contains menus and hours for each venue. Pick up your copy in the Main Lodge or click here to view online version.
Dress Code Please no athletic shorts, tank tops, casual hats or baseball caps in Lodge Dining Room or Cru for evening dining.
Fax Machine/Photocopying The fax number for the resort is 218-963-2269. See the Directory section for pricing.
FedEx Guests may send and receive FedEx packages from the Front Desk. The Front Desk must be notified by noon on the day of pick up. Package must be at the Front Desk by 1:00 p.m. Package drop off is between 1-3:00 p.m.
Firearms are prohibited from all Grand View Lodge properties.
Fireworks For the safety of all of our guests fireworks(of any kind)and sparklers are not allowed on any of the resort properties.
Fitness Room Located upstairs in the pool building. Please use your room key to access the fitness center.
Flowers During your visit to Grand View Lodge, take some time to stroll the grounds and enjoy the more than 60,000 annuals and perennials planted in flower gardens and beds, hanging baskets, pots and planters throughout the main property, golf courses and restaurants.
Gas A Holiday Gas Station is located .8 miles East on CR 77 from Grand View Lodge. The Boat House has boat gas available.
Gift Cards Stop by the front desk to pick up a gift card that can be used at all Grand View Lodge locations.
Gift Shops The Cote Closet is located in the historic Main Lodge and offers a selection of apparel and gift items. Grand Outfitters is connected to the historic Main Lodge and features a noteworthy array of unique items and a coffee bar. Apparel and merchandise are also sold in the Pro Shops at our golf courses.
Golf Courses The Pines is located on County Road 77 across from Grand View Lodge. The Preserve is located in Pequot Lakes. Championship Golf Courses
Grand View Lodge The Lodge, grounds and golf courses cover approximately 700 plus acres.
Grilling A limited number of grills are available for our guests and can be requested by contacting the Front Desk. Charcoal is also available at an additional charge. Grills are not to be used in the cabins or on the cabins’ decks.
Groceries Schaefer’s Grocery Store is located 1 mile east of Grand View Lodge on CR 77. Cub Foods is located 13 miles south on Highway 371.
Guest Laundry Located next to the fitness room. Laundry detergent available at MV Baker’s and the front desk.
Guest Services Our Concierge staff can take reservations for dinner at Cru, The Lodge Dining Room, and The Italian Gardens. They also take tee times for The Pines, The Preserve, The Garden, and Spa reservations for Glacial Waters Spa. Contact Guest Services at ext. 1191 or 0.
House Charging Guests may charge meals, golf and other services to their room bill during their stay. This service is available from most Grand View Lodge properties. A credit card must be on file, guest identification card and signature required at time of charge.
Housekeeping Need more towels, pillows or coffee in your room? Please contact Concierge (dial 0).
Ice is available at the front desk. First 2 bags are complimentary. Additional bags are $2 a piece
Ice Delivery charge is $2 on the main grounds and $5 outside of the main entrance.
International Staff We have between 60-70 international staff members from all over the world. Many of them work with us through the “work and travel program” and the Council on International Educational Exchange.
Lost and Found Please call Lost and Found at ext. 1623. If the attendant is not available please leave a message and someone will return your call.
Lunch at Grand View Lodge Seasonally, guests at Grand View Lodge can eat lunch at Tanque Verde Cantina, Freddy’s Grille or Northwoods Pub. Northwoods Pub is also open daily in the winter. Please refer to your Northwoods News for hours.
Meal Plan The Modified American Plan offers breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is served in The Heritage Room in the Main Lodge. For dinner CHAR Craft Steaks, Cru, Northwoods Pub, and seasonally The Italian Gardens, Tanque Verde Cantina and Freddy’s Grill open to add to the plethora of options available to Grand View Lodge guests. Meal plans are not a requirement in all of our accommodations. Depending on the location of your accommodation, a lodging only option is also available. The lodging only option includes the use of some resort amenities. Reservations can be made online at GVLfun.com or by calling 218-963-8756.
Movie DVDs are available at the front desk. A limited number of players are available for guest use. Most of our units have DVD players.
Newspapers Available in the lobby.
Noise Policy Please respect other resort guests between the hours of 10pm-7:00am.
Pack-n-Plays A limited number of pack-n-plays are available. Please contact Concierge (dial 0). Daily Fee Applies.
Pets Pets are not allowed with the exception of a few pet-friendly units. Area kennels are available.
Smoking Guests should refrain from smoking in all units. Additional charges will apply to those units in need of extra cleaning.
Spa Glacial Waters Spa at Grand View Lodge offers Aveda and Eminence products and signature treatments. Glacial Waters Spa
Wake-Up Calls To arrange for a wake-up call, please follow directions on your phone; or dial “0” or call 218-963-2234 for assistance.
Weather Reports For up-to-date weather reports, turn your television to channel 62 for the Weather Channel. Local information is updated every 8 minutes. On your radio, you can dial-in 106.7 FM for local weather updates.
• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)
• Check the network icon. It’ll show if you’re connected and how strong the connection is.
• If you’re not connected, tap or click the network icon .
• Tap or click GVL, and then tap or click Connect. (You should not need a password to connect. If for some reason it is asking you for a password dial zero for assistance.)
• If you want to connect to this network every time it’s in range, select the Connect automatically check box.
• Click the Wi-Fi menu iconand select GVL from the list of available networks. (You should not need a password to connect. If for some reason it is asking you for a password dial zero for assistance.)
• Check Remember this Network to have your Mac automatically join the network when available.
• Go to Settings.
• Click on Wi-Fi, Wireless Settings, or Wireless Control. (depends on device)
• Make sure you have Wireless turned on.
• You should see a ‘Wi-Fi Networks; list and in it you should see one labeled GVL.
• Click on it and click Connect.
• Go to Settings.
• Click on Wi-Fi.
• You should see a network labeled GVL.
• Click on it. It should then connect.
At Grand View Lodge we do our best to ensure that there is sufficient connectivity to the Internet for general purpose use at all times for all guests from every unit. Occasionally there can be various factors outside of our control that contribute to issues with connecting to the Wi-Fi such as the weather or the device that is being used to connect. Below are some common issues and recommended steps for troubleshooting these issues.
If, after following these steps, you are still having problems connecting or using the Wi-Fi, please dial zero to report what you are seeing and we will investigate the cause and find a resolution as soon as possible. Please understand that due to reasons related to liability we cannot make any changes to or touch any guest’s personal property.
PROBLEM: You do not see GVL as one of the options in the list.
• Make sure that wireless is enabled on your device. (See attached instructions.)
• Force your device to connect.
Windows Users: go into Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Set up a new connection or network > Manually connect to a wireless network
• Network Name: GVL
• Security Type: No authentication (Open)
• Security Key: Leave blank
• Click Next
Mac Users: You can also force-join an SSID that has stopped broadcasting through a Mac’s Airport Utility. Select to join Other and type in the name of the network and password.
See if you can find the signal from another area in the unit that you are staying in.Some devices have less range when detecting Wi-Fi signals. Our access points are placed in locations that should be sufficient for most devices. If you find that you can detect the signal in one area of the unit but not another, please dial zero to report what kind of device you are using and where you are and are not able to see the signal.
PROBLEM: Your Connection Seems to be Lagging/Slow.
• Check the speeds that you are getting.
• Go to http://www.speedtest.net/
• Click Begin Test
• Look at your Download speed. During period of high traffic, this can be as low as 2.5mbps but you should still be able to stream DVD quality resolution videos, use video chat applications such as Skype, etc. at this speed.
• Look at your Upload Speed. During periods of high traffic, this can be as low as 1 mbps.Upload speed is not as important when streaming videos. This should still be sufficient for video chatting and surfing the Internet unhindered.
• If you find that your connection speed is less than these values, please dial zero to report your findings and we will investigate the issue as soon as possible.
• If the connection speed is at least the minimum values, then the performance issues are related to the device or software that you are using.
MAKING SURE YOUR WIRELESS IS ENABLED
There are many different ways to do this, depending on the device. Here are several methods:
• Check the exterior of your laptop for a switch or button to turn off and on your wireless and ensure it’s in the ON position. Often there will be an icon such as one of these next to it:
• Enable your wireless in your operating system.
• Open Network and Sharing Center.
• Choose Change adapter settings on the Task Pane.
• Right click on Wi-Fi.
• Select Enable.
• Click Start.
• Click on Control Panel.
• Click on Network and Internet.
• Click on Network and Sharing Center.
• Choose Change Adapter Settings on the task pane.
• Right-click on Wireless Network Connection
• Select Enable.
• Click Start.
• Click on Network and Sharing Center.
• Choose Manage Network Connections on the task pane.
• Right-click on Wireless Network Connection
• Select Enable.
Mac OS X
• Open Settings.
• Select Wireless and Networks.
• Select Wi-Fi.
• Open Settings.
• Select Wi-Fi.
• Swipe the OFF to ON.
For Wake-Up Calls
To arrange for a wake-up call, please dial “0”.
Phone Charges Directory Assisted Calls are $1.00 per call. Long distance calls will be charged at AT&T daytime rates plus a nominal surcharge per call. No charge for local or 800# calls.
Fax Machine/Photocopying The fax number for the resort is 218-967-8637. The fax machine is located at the Grand View Lodge Front Desk. The charges are as follows:
• Sending 1st page: $2.00 | Each additional page: $1.00
• Receiving 1st page: $1.00 | Each additional page: $0.50
• International Faxes: Sending 1st page: $6.00 | Each additional page: $4.00
• Transparencies: $1.00 per page | Photocopies: $0.20 per page
GRAND VIEW LODGE PHONE DIRECTORY (All phone #s are 218 area code)
In Case of an EMERGENCY Please Dial “0” to reach the operator or “9-911” to reach emergency personnel.
Grand View Lodge
Dinner Reservations: ext.1191 or 963-8756
Freddy’s Sports Grille: ext.1240 or 963-8740
Garden Pro Shop: ext.1245 or 963-8745
Glacial Waters Spa: ext.1200 or 963-8700
Grand View Lodge Operator: ext. 0 or 963-2234
Guest Services: ext.1191 or 963-8756
MV Baker’s: ext.1215 or 963-8715
Kids’ Club: ext.1645
Tanque Verde Cantina: ext.1649
Northwood’s Pub: ext.1618
Pines Pro Shop: ext.1255 or 963-8755
Preserve Dining Room: 568-8500
Preserve Pro Shop: 568-4944
Tee Time Central: ext. 1191 or 963-8750
Voice Mail Messages: ext.1380
Wake-Up Calls: ext. 0
Brainerd Crow Wing Regional Airport: 828-0572
Nisswa Police: 911 or 963-4301
St. Joseph’s Hospital: 829-2861
Brainerd Medical Center: 828-2880
Crow Wing County Sheriff: 829-4749
Cass County Sheriff: 547-1424
Local Churches Schedule available at front desk.
Christ Community Church (Nisswa): 963-2626
Lutheran Church of the Cross (Nisswa): 963-2564
St. Christopher’s (Nisswa): 963-2766
Lakewood Evangelical Free Church (Baxter): 829-7251
Timberwood Church (Nisswa): 967-8888
Crosslake Presbyterian (Crosslake): 692-4769
Grace United Methodists Church (Pequot Lakes): 568-5755
Shipping & Handling
Nisswa Post Office: 963-7907
Fed Express: 800-463-3339
Taxi & Shuttle Services
Brainerd Area Taxi & Delivery: 828-1111
Fry Guy Ride: 454-7433
Worry Free Shuttle: 763-607-1618