As the seasons change and the leaves begin to turn, as does our resort. We have planned five undeniable getaways for you in the Brainerd Lakes Area so you can enjoy Gull Lake during pleasant fall weekend getaways. It may be a healthy and active getaway, a golf trip and a concert or a family weekend; regardless there is a Grand View Lodge fall escape weekend waiting for you.
- Golftoberfest – Most people know of Oktoberfest, as an age-old celebration that originated in Germany. This weekend usually involves connecting with German traditions trough music, beer, food, and costumes. We couldn’t let Germany have all the fun so we put our own Northern Minnesota twist on the holiday. GOLFtoberfest at Grand View Lodge is celebrated with a Saturday night party under a tent at The Pines Golf Course with live music, food, beer, and a full bar open in the clubhouse.
There are three ways to join the celebrations at Grand View.
One – the “golfer” package: You will receive 2 nights lodging and unlimited golf at any of our courses, breakfast included, with FREE food and tap beer all night at the live music event for as low as $335/person.
Two, if you’re a non-golfer, but you want to enjoy the occasion. You can stay at Grand View on the “non-golfer” package. For as low as $189/person you get the whole package, FREE food and beer at the concert included, minus the unlimited golf.
Three, for the locals who want to join, you are more than welcome to come out and enjoy the concert on Saturday night. Public are welcome at the event, but will not receive free food and drink unless they are lodging at Grand View.
- Spooktacular –Family Fun is ‘oooooozing’ out of Grand View Lodge surrounding Halloween. We take pride in our resort having the best resort-trick-or-treating in Minnesota. Not only do your kids get candy at each of the 9+ stops, but we also have some liquid fermented grapes for adults along the way— because why should the kids get to have all the fun?
And it doesn’t stop at trick-or-treating. During the last few weeks of October Grand View takes advantage of the rumored haunted house otherwise known is the Italian Gardens. As one of the oldest buildings on the resort, there have been reports of cracking floors, ghostly moving items, and the occasional scream-worthy scare. Follow up the haunted house with a horse drawn hayride, and you’re sure to have a Spooktacular Halloween that you’ll never forget.
- Brewfest – Don’t tell anyone, but Brewfest is a staff favorite at Grand View Lodge. Each November the top competitors and creators in the state come together to offer samples and wisdom to Brewfest attendees. Keeping the beer statewide, there isn’t another event that allows a weekend getaway, adult activities, and most all MN beer in one room. This year there will be a Grand View Lodge Pub Crawl Friday evening. Ride a shuttle to three of Grand View’s bars, each one sporting different vibes, music, and beer. Saturday, wake up and and run/walk the Brewfest One Mile (psst… there is beer included) to wake you up for the day. The walk/run leads to culinary classes and seminars, bringing you right up to the Grand Tasting. At the tasting you will see each brewery represented at their stations, accompanied by sporadic food stations, and giving out any and all samples you prefer! End the night with live music at the Northwoods Pub and call it a weekend for the books. And don’t forget to pick up your collector mug before you leave.
- Holidays – The best time of the year! We know we don’t have to tell you twice that the snowy evergreens fulfilling the space of lakeside Grand View Lodge is the best way to spend your holidays, but we thought we’d remind you anyways. There isn’t much that can compare to a family tradition of getting away to the cabin with your loved ones and sitting by a cozy fireplace while the company. While you’re at it, take some alone time at the spa, the kids can go to the indoor pool daily, and the cooking is on us at any of our three year-round restaurants. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s are a time for jubilation and family, don’t let the stress overcome you and take this time for a holiday vacation. At Grand View you can chose between lying low, or getting active on snowshoes, cross-country skis, or the ice rink. All of this right at your finger tips for the best time of the year.
- Fall Break/MEA – An extra day or two off from school practically screams up north vacation. The air is crisp and the beaches are empty in northern Minnesota come fall and it’s a great time to explore the many outdoor activities available. The courses are typically still open, bikes are available for rent, and the tennis courts haven’t quite turned to ice rinks yet. Make sure you make your way here for this very popular weekend in the Lakes Area!
While summer surely is a fun, energetic time of the year, it’s worth embracing the change of the seasons. The sun shines just as bright and the trees start to dance with colors of fire as August fades to December, if that isn’t enough reason to lodge at Grand View this fall, then any of the packages we are offering should do the job. See you this soon!