1916

1916

1916 - Grand View Lodge Begins Marvin V. Baker, a Minneapolis real-estate developer, purchased the land for $43.00 per acre from Henry Spalding in April of 1916. On May 1st of 1916, Baker filed the plat of Gull Lake Park. Lots would sell for $10.00 per foot. After the Inn was refurbished, “Horse and Buggy Days” became the first known package that w

1915- The Inn

1915- The Inn

1915- The Inn Sheriff Henry Spalding and his wife, Isabelle, converted the old Bergh log home in 1915. He reworked the inside and exterior to give the building a more modern frame appearance. This structure would become the first fishing lodge at Grand View Lodge in the following year.

1896- The Old Homestead

1896- The Old Homestead

1896- The Old Homestead Starting in 1896, the William Bergh family moved into the Homestead. The 14 members of this large Danish family cleared land and built a large log cabin where the Norway Center is today. They were eventually unsuccessful in finding a way to make a go of it here. They sold all their land to the H.F. William and Co. in 1908 fo