1896- The Old Homestead

1896- The Old Homestead

Starting in 1896, the William Bergh family moved into the Homestead. The 14 members of this large Danish family cleared land and built a large log cabin where the Norway Center is today. They were eventually unsuccessful in finding a way to make a go of it here. They sold all their land to the H.F. William and Co. in 1908 for $5,000.